By: Rebecca Konopka
Carter County Extension Agent
Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service recently launched a statewide survey with hopes of reaching thousands across the Commonwealth. In fact, our last survey received more than 38,000 responses, and we want to see that number grow.
Knowing what matters to Kentucky means our services will matter to Kentucky. You might already know about our educational programs for agricultural production, youth development, nutrition, business development, and family finances… but our outreach has grown even more. Our last survey led to partnerships with nationally recognized experts and new services in areas such as:
· Addiction Intervention & Prevention
· Small-Town Tourism & Art Revitalization Programs
· Rural Mental Health & Suicide Prevention
· Natural Disaster Preparedness
And this is only the start for what’s ahead. With more direction from you and others in our community, we can continue real work that matters to real people. People like you.
We hope you’ll take our ten-minute survey found at www.go.uky.edu/serveKY and encourage others to do the same. We want to hear from all Kentucky citizens ages 18 and up. Every voice matters.
The Martin-Gatton College of Agriculture, Food and Environment is an Equal Opportunity Organization with respect to education and employment and authorization to provide research, education information and other services only to individuals and institutions that function without regard to economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
- The Grayson Farmer’s Market is open on Saturdays from 9:00 AM until sell out. The market is located in the shed behind the Extension Office. The Olive Hill Farmer’s Market is located in the Save-a-Lot parking lot and is open on Saturdays and Wednesdays at 8:00 AM and Mondays at 3:00 PM until sell out each day.
- Little Sandy Beekeepers Meeting – October 3rd @ 6:30 – Speaker: Jim Coss from The Honey & Bee Connection
- Tree Farmer of the Year Field Day – October 5th @ 1:00 PM – Celebrate Lynn Johnson wining the prestigious Tree Farmer of the Year award with us. The tree farm tour will include sessions on woodland and wildlife management practices and financial assistance for conservation practices. Location is 720 Boathouse Hill Road in Olive Hill. Please call 474-6686 to register.
- Extension District Board – October 10th @ 10:00 AM
- Sheep & Goat Hoof Trimming Clinic – October 12th @ 5:30 PM – Elliott County Extension Office – Call 474-6686 to register.