Carter County Times
The city of Grayson wrapped up their 51st annual Memory Days celebration on Sunday, with bluegrass music, a softball tournament, and the Kiwanis Jeep Show after a long weekend of events. Despite inclement weather rescheduling events on Thursday, and scattered showers on Friday, the sun shone on most of the weekend, including the Saturday events like the Mental Health Matter 5K, Dog Jog, and parade.
The parade, which honored retiring Grayson mayor George Steele as the Grand Marshall, also featured celebrity chef Jason Smith, the usual mix of political candidates and businesses, and the winners in the Miss Memory Days pageant events held the prior week.
Winners in the Miss Memory Days pageant included:
- Baby Miss second runner up and miss photogenic Amelia Ousley, first runner up Zoey Hall, and winner Avayah Carter.
- Wee Miss second runner up Atlas James, first runner up and miss photogenic Remi Mae Lynn Irick, and winner Riyah Holley
- Wee Mr. winner and Mr. photogenic Waylon Clark
- Tiny Miss second runner up Kennedy Marshall, first runner up Brynlee Reid Felty, winner Bristol Covi Jordan, and miss photogenic Wrenley McGuire
- Mini Miss second runner up Farrah Crank, first runner up and Miss photogenic Millie Jo Bush, and winner Kennedy Grace Lawson.
- Little Miss second runner up Halle Jo Wade, first runner up Sophia Villasenor, winner Emery Divinne Fitzpatrick, and miss photogenic Willow Grace Mays.
- Little Mr. photogenic Jeremiah Ratcliff.
- Small Miss second runner up and miss photogenic Madeline Amburgey, first runner up Naveah Cheyenne McDavid, and winner Dylan Sergent.
- Junior Miss second runner up Gabby Taylor, first runner up and miss photogenic Riley Blevins, and winner Poppy Lou Bond
- Teen Miss Memory Days second runner up Brayleigh Boggs, first runner up Taylor Alexis Maschke, winner Jaden Williams, and miss photogenic Alexis Bond.
- Miss Memory Days second runner up Bridan Braun, first runner up Lacie Smith, winner Taelor Knapp, and miss photogenic Kirah Jaden Michelle Spillman.
Rupert’s department store took first place in the Main Street window decoration contest.
Contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org